Speakers and presentations
- Woodpecker Hybrids and Dancing Grouse
Join Corey Scobie, Assistant Curator of Ornithology, as he gives the inside scoop on bird research and new displays at the Royal Alberta Museum.
- Martins and More!
Join bird photographer Don Delaney as he shares his fascination with all things feathered with an emphasis on purple martins and other local swallow species.
When: Saturday, June 16, 2018 from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Where: Stoney Creek Centre at 5320-39 Ave., Camrose, Alberta
Contact: Stoney Creek Centre, 780-672-0544, www.facebook.com/CamrosePurpleMartinFestival
Panel discussions for:
- Beginner martin landlords and naturalists
- More experienced martin landlords and naturalists
Tours led by Experienced Naturalists and Purple Martin Landlords
- Bus tour to Purple Martin sites in the city
- Backyard Wildlife Walking tour (including inspection of a Purple Martin house)
- The Battle River Watershed Alliance will take any interested youngsters pond dipping to learn about the creatures in our creek!
- The Camrose Public Library will provide games, crafts, and reading materials.
- During the afternoon, the Beaverhill Bird Observatory will be bringing a feathered friend to the festival! Get to see an owl up close and personal while learning about their interesting life in North America! (Adults will be welcome too!)
Download the 2018 Purple Martin Festival Registration Form
Download the 2018 Brochure