Enjoy self-driving tours! Explore Camrose County at your leisure during Prairie Fun Days. Stop by our office and pick up a map to begin your self-guided adventure.
Please note there is a correction to the Meeting Creek location. Jeff Strandquist will be reciting cowboy poetry at 2 pm. Glenys Smith will offer guided walking tours of the Linear Park at 8:30am and 10:00 am. Early-goers should see lots of birds, and later tour will be flora and fauna.
Explore the scenic Central Alberta Highway 13 this summer and win prizes for the best photographs in a summer long photo scavenger hunt! The contest starts May Long Weekend and will run September 30th!
Tourism Camrose is excited to be working in partnership with communities along Highway 13 from Wetaskiwin to Provost for the 2018 Photo Scavenger Hunt this summer! The goal of this cooperative project is to attract and increase tourism all the way down Highway 13 to the Saskatchewan border.
In order to raise interest in the route and add even more fun; we will have a photo scavenger hunt over the summer riding months. Each participating community has identified two iconic places that participants must take pictures of.
To add even more fun in 2018 a Poker Rally has been added. It is open to all rubber tire traffic will take place Saturday July 21, 2018. Participants must register by June 30, 2018.
If you are traveling through our region, we invite you to visit our communities and enter our Lucky Highway 13 Photo Scavenger Hunt and Poker Rally! Visit www.luckyhighway13.com for contest rules and entry.
The 9th Annual Camrose Purple Martin Festival will be held Saturday
June 16, 2018 at the Stoney Creek Centre.
Speakers and presentations
- Woodpecker Hybrids and Dancing Grouse
Join Corey Scobie, Assistant Curator of Ornithology, as he gives the inside scoop on bird research and new displays at the Royal Alberta Museum.
- Martins and More!
Join bird photographer Don Delaney as he shares his fascination with all things feathered with an emphasis on purple martins and other local swallow species.
When: Saturday, June 16, 2018 from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Where: Stoney Creek Centre at 5320-39 Ave., Camrose, Alberta
Contact: Stoney Creek Centre, 780-672-0544, www.facebook.com/CamrosePurpleMartinFestival
Panel discussions for:
- Beginner martin landlords and naturalists
- More experienced martin landlords and naturalists
Tours led by Experienced Naturalists and Purple Martin Landlords
- Bus tour to Purple Martin sites in the city
- Backyard Wildlife Walking tour (including inspection of a Purple Martin house)
- The Battle River Watershed Alliance will take any interested youngsters pond dipping to learn about the creatures in our creek!
- The Camrose Public Library will provide games, crafts, and reading materials.
- During the afternoon, the Beaverhill Bird Observatory will be bringing a feathered friend to the festival! Get to see an owl up close and personal while learning about their interesting life in North America! (Adults will be welcome too!)
Download the 2018 Purple Martin Festival Registration Form
Download the 2018 Brochure