A thriving, dynamic and involved community.
The City of Camrose is located in East-Central Alberta along Highway 13, 7.5 km east of the junction with Highway 21. Highway 26 meets Camrose on the east and Highway 833 on the north. Camrose is 88.5 km South East of Edmonton.
- Latitude: 53/01 N
- Longitude: 112/50 W
- Elevation: 740.6 meters or 2430 ft A.S.L
- Weekly Newspapers
- Camrose Booster
- Camrose Canadian
- Daily paper – Camrose Morning News
- 98.1 FM – CAM-FM
- 780 AM – CFCW
- Cable TV
- Channel 10
Parks and Recreation
- Beautiful Mirror Lake winds through the centre of Camrose, complete with a fountain and resident swans
- A total of 308 acres of parks and playgrounds
- 18 hole golf course with modern club house & restaurant.
- 3 indoor ice arenas and a 9-sheet curling rink
- indoor aquatic centre with waterslide & outdoor spraypark
- lighted ball diamonds, lighted football and soccer fields
- racquetball courts, tennis courts, bowling lanes
- 2 museums
- Full service RV Park 107 lots
- Chuck MacLean Arts Centre
- The Bailey Theatre
- Jeanne & Peter Lougheed Performing Arts Centre
- Mean Summer Temperature:
- Mean Winter Temperature:
- Average Total Precipitation:
Camrose is located in gently rolling agricultural parkland. Black loam soil to 35 cm.
- City of Camrose: 18,069
- County of Camrose: 8,004
- Primary Trading Population: 95,000
- Total Trading Population: 150,000Educational Facilities
- 6 Public Schools
- 2 R.C. Separate Schools
- 1 County Bi-lingual School
- 1 Bible College
- 1 University (1000+ students)
- 1 Vocational facility for the mentally challenged
Camrose has 62 eating establishments.
Hotels and Motels
10 Locations for a total of 517 rooms.
3 of the hotel/motels have swimming pools and waterslides.